Feedback for 0.6.9

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Zukero
Lead Developer
android_version: 8.0

Feedback for 0.6.9

Post by Zukero »

Hi,

I just wanted to share some thoughts about the latest version.

First, wow, great amount of great new maps & quests ! The BWM climbing is no easy task, but highly rewarding for a lv 15~ or so with enough bonemeals ;)
Next, the issue :lol:
- Playing on a french phone, I had no choice but play with the french localization since the update. Could you please add a locale selection item in the settings menu ? French translation is incomplete (to say the least), and is full of grammar mistakes and typos.
- I find it weird that a failed flee leaves you with no other options that to try to flee again (you cannot reengage in battle). I once found myself short of potions after a quest in a dungeon (don't remember which one), just after killing the "boss". I got out of his room, and was attacked right in the first tile by a mob occupying the only walkable tile in front of me. I tried to flee to get back to the boss room, but couldn't, as I was already on the entrance tile. I then had no choice but die miserably, unable to move or attack.

I had others in mind, but forgot them while typing :evil:
I'll come back to post them when I finally get a brain back. :ugeek:
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 71, AC: 301%, AD: 38-47, AP: 3, ECC: 50%, CM: 3.75, BC: 101%, DR: 2
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Re: Feedback for 0.6.9

Post by oskarwiksten »

Hi Zukero,

Welcome to the forums! Thank you for the feedback.

Localization is automatically handled by the Android OS and not something we should manage in the game itself. Check your device settings - somewhere among them, there should be a setting that lets you change the display language of your device. This will also affect Andor's Trail. The Android OS helps applications by only loading the resources that correspond to the selected localization.

Or better yet, you could submit a list of things in the game where you find spelling and grammar mistakes, and we'll correct it for the next version. Me and Misty Soul (that manages the French translation) would be very glad to hear your input on what should be changed! I guess the other players that use French localization would love to get that input too!

Regarding your other question about fleeing. You can actually re-engage combat by long-clicking a monster that you want to attack. Or you can flee to some tile using normal movement controls. Basically, long-hold a monster to target it for attacking again. I guess we should make that more inuitive somehow :)

Thanks again for the input. Looking forward to hearing more of your input!

/Oskar
/Oskar
kabbie1882

Post by kabbie1882 »

Oskar.....

I think he meant he was in a door way to a room and/or dungeon. When you walk into a room, if you stop at the first tile, you CAN NOT go backwards out of the room. If there is a monster in front of you, you have to kill it or die, to get out of the door way.

I have never encountered a monster right inside a door way but I have encountered the above scenario.
Ha Ha, Made you look.
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

If you want to stop fleeing you may longclick a monster.
Then you can attack it again. You may also switch the currently attacked monster this way.

Edit: I'm a little bit late. ;-)
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Too bad the localization is handled at OS level. My GF would kill me if I switched the whole phone to english. Plus, it would make me unable to use he french accented letters in SMS. I prefer my games in Original versions. Even good translations are still translations. :cry:
I would really appreciate if you could find a workaround for this (like, an option to disable localization completely, and fall back on defaults).
As for more precise feedback on localization, I guess a separate post where Misty Soul is involved would be better. I'll try to find some time to do so.

As for the failed flee topic, I would suggest re-enabling the "attack" button. It's what made me think it wasn't allowed. Plus I found out about main scene touch commands for fights only when I came to this forum.

One of the forgotten issues is in the same style : enemies that heal themselves (Aulaeth and Wyrm Families) do not update their HP bars and count after receiving healing.
Same problem with AP count and Attack AP cost when fatigue strikes.

First is boring, especially in the following scenario
- I strike Aulaeth 'till it's at 15 HP
- Aulaeth strikes me twice (he should be at 17HP, but still shows 15)
- I strike for 16 HP
- He's still alive with 1 HP
- I get angry.

Second is boring in the following scenario
- My attack cost 5 out of 12 AP
- I get "fatigued" but didn't noticed.
- I attack once (cost : 7).
- Attack button shows attack cost of 5, and 5 AP left
- I try to attack, but game says i can't.
- I get angry

Just to be precise, I have a non-rooted Samsung Galaxy Spica (GT-I5700) running android 2.1 (official Samsung image).
Lvl: 78, XP: 8622632, Gold: 271542, RoLS: 1, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
Samuel
VIP
android_version: 2.2

Post by Samuel »

Zukero wrote:As for the failed flee topic, I would suggest re-enabling the "attack" button.
I did contribute a patch already that does exactly this. (after I read your bug report)
Zukero wrote:One of the forgotten issues is in the same style : enemies that heal themselves (Aulaeth and Wyrm Families) do not update their HP bars and count after receiving healing.
Fixed already.
Level: 101, XP: 18780586, Gold: 358739
HP: 398, AC: 303%, AD: 84-95, AP: 4, ECC: 12, CM: -, BC: 13%, DR: 0
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 1, SRoV: 2, VSH: 1, WMC: 0, GoW: 0
Zukero
Lead Developer

Post by Zukero »

Samuel wrote:
Zukero wrote:As for the failed flee topic, I would suggest re-enabling the "attack" button.
I did contribute a patch already that does exactly this. (after I read your bug report)
Zukero wrote:One of the forgotten issues is in the same style : enemies that heal themselves (Aulaeth and Wyrm Families) do not update their HP bars and count after receiving healing.
Fixed already.
As a dev myself, I know how both rejoicing and frustrating this kind of message is to post :lol: