New Highscore Ideas / Discussion

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
slash030
android_version: 2.2

Re: New Highscore Ideas / Discussion

Post by slash030 »

Another complication may be the people who edit their save games that chose not to be on the list out of respect with automatic updates chances are the list would likely lose integrity
Just a thought
Dj ql: 5
Lvl: 190, XP: 124798368, Gold: 3852094,
RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, Char: 12, Golf: 1, Shaf: 2, SRoV: 2, VSH: 3,
HP: 519, AC: 397%, AD: 100-107, AP: 3, ECC: 26%, CM: 3, BC: 276%, DR: 10
Smith ql: 24
lvl: 109
:mrgreen: ROCKSTARS FROM MARS
Kardinaal
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Kardinaal »

How about an "export stats" button in game that would make character stats get saved to a tekst file on the phone, so people can use that info more easily? Maybe even with the monster kill statistics the game holds but doesn't display? That would give users (and game devellopers) some easier access to game info, without needing the internet.

More game-related info for debugging could also be collected in this way. People reporting a bug could be asked to copy the info in the debug text file. You could do game balancing and testing this way, with testers playing through the game and reporting back kill rates with different setups.

Buttons for export stats, export debug info,... could be placed in the about page maybe?
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

i would still prefure to enter my stats in manualy. I wouldnt like to have the game asking for permission to go online. I feel the simplicity of the game itself is its greatest selling point (asking for no permissions when downloaded).
Just my honest opinion.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Pyrizzle wrote:i would still prefure to enter my stats in manualy. I wouldnt like to have the game asking for permission to go online. I feel the simplicity of the game itself is its greatest selling point (asking for no permissions when downloaded).
Just my honest opinion.
AGREE 100% maybe some people only want to share some of their stats. Only a manual process can accomplish this unless a more complicated GUI is created that allows you to specify what to share and what not to.

By the way, "highscore" is not a word. Should be 2 words.
Last edited by Antison on Sat Dec 24, 2011 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:i would still prefure to enter my stats in manualy. I wouldnt like to have the game asking for permission to go online. I feel the simplicity of the game itself is its greatest selling point (asking for no permissions when downloaded).
Just my honest opinion.
AGREE 100% maybe some people only want to share some of there stats. Only a manual process can accomplish this unless a more complicated GUI is created that allows you to specify what to share and what not to.

While we're correcting people, your "there" should be "their".
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
tek wrote:
Just my honest opinion.
AGREE 100% maybe some people only want to share some of there stats. Only a manual process can accomplish this unless a more complicated GUI is created that allows you to specify what to share and what not to.

While we're correcting people, your "there" should be "their".
Yup, that would be a "fat finger" typo that gets auto corrected by OS.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

The Topic is High Score Ideas / Discussioon not grammer. :mrgreen:

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Kardinaal

Post by Kardinaal »

Just my honest opinion.
What about a single button that creates a text file with character info, so you can copy/paste it later? Just facilitating the manual process. No internet connection necessary, a lot easier than manually looking up my stats in 3 different screens, and they would be organised automatically...

And maybe one that gives a diagnostic/debugging text file that can be inserted when reporting issues? Don't know if this would be interesting or not...
Lvl: 30
XP: 487414
G: 26332

HP: 93, AC: 187%, AD: 8-40, AP: 9, CC: 4%, CM: 3, BC: 114%, DR: 4

Ordinary Leather Cap, Stone Cuirass, NotP, 2x RotP, Skullcrusher, Wooden Defender, TMG, Defender's boots

RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Kardinaal wrote:
Just my honest opinion.
What about a single button that creates a text file with character info, so you can copy/paste it later? Just facilitating the manual process. No internet connection necessary, a lot easier than manually looking up my stats in 3 different screens, and they would be organised automatically...

And maybe one that gives a diagnostic/debugging text file that can be inserted when reporting issues? Don't know if this would be interesting or not...
That sounds like a nice idea, except that I'm usually manually adding in my stats from a computer. But that's mainly because its a hassle to go back and forth on my phone. If there was a text file created that I could copy/paste, I would probably update from my phone more often.

Also another +1 for this game not requiring an internet connection, especially the past 3 weeks with Verizon sporadically losing 4G/3G data for their LTE phones.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18