Expand Quick Slots Usage

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
John Brown

Expand Quick Slots Usage

Post by John Brown »

Currently the 3 quick slots can only equip potions or health healing items. This should be expanded to include equipment as well. If there are two weapons that are used often (for example venomous dagger and rapier of lifesteal) in different situations, it would improve usage to be able to swap the weapon through the quickslot.

Alternatively, perhaps create additional quick slots that pertain to equipment sets, where hitting the slot sets your equipment to the predefined pieces.

As an additional usability improvement, items that appear in the quick slots should have different images (currently the minor potion of speed and the restore fatigue potion look exactly the same).
Lvl: 56, XP: 3,253,356, Gold: 271,111, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1
HP: 50, AC: 231%, AD: 30-31, AP: 3, CC: 30%, CM: 3, BC: 45%, DR: 1
nezkeys79
android_version: 2.2

Re: Expand Quick Slots Usage

Post by nezkeys79 »

Nice ideas. I agree about having some sort of hotkey / quickslot for equipment setups where you can preset different combinatons and then just click once to swap sets. +1
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

My reservation is related to screen size. While some are playing this game on a tablet, most are playing on a mobile phone. Adding more slots to the quick slot would start to crowd the screen.

Maybe an alternative would be to give another option. Currently you have the chest that you can open to quickly choose one of three items. Maybe your request for more slots could come in the form of a pouch button that opens up three additional slots.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
nezkeys79

Post by nezkeys79 »

Yeah I agree about not cluttering the screen up but you only need 3 slots anyway for items. I would like to see a hotkey/equipment tab which switches between 2 different builds. For example you may want to equip fallhaven jewel+venomous dagger in one place, and then an AP increasing set on another, or an all block minded set etc
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

How about: modifyining quick slot a bit - there can put weapons, rings etc too. When you draw item in quick slot current one drops in quick slot ? IMO three quick slot are enough.
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
GaloH

Post by GaloH »

i agree with scorpionz.. i play on a android cel phone so it isnt a good idea for me
John Brown

Post by John Brown »

ScorpionZ wrote:My reservation is related to screen size. While some are playing this game on a tablet, most are playing on a mobile phone. Adding more slots to the quick slot would start to crowd the screen.

Maybe an alternative would be to give another option. Currently you have the chest that you can open to quickly choose one of three items. Maybe your request for more slots could come in the form of a pouch button that opens up three additional slots.
The original request is aimed to change the current quick slots to also include equipment changes. I also play on a phone and would not like to clutter up the screen too much.
Lvl: 56, XP: 3,253,356, Gold: 271,111, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1
HP: 50, AC: 231%, AD: 30-31, AP: 3, CC: 30%, CM: 3, BC: 45%, DR: 1
Numo
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by Numo »

The amount of quick slots is good.
They currently contain only single use items.

I agree that it would be nice to have a quick swap of gear, but it should not effect the amount of quick slots.
**Maybe pressing the quick slot 2 times will open quick change of gear option instead of closing quick slots
**Pressing the quickslot 3 times will close out quick slot menu normally.