Bug when fighting multiple enemies

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Drizzt
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Bug when fighting multiple enemies

Post by Drizzt »

Hi and thanx for a truly magnificent game. I think I have stumbeled upon a little bug in the AP allocation when fighting multiple enemies. If I kill an enemy and still have 5 AP left, then access the inventory, drink a potion, and then exit, I am back to full AP again (although I might only be back to 10, not the 11 that my lvl 1 CS would give me at max..I currently have a niggling little problem called rotworm to deal with and therefore cannot check this thoroughly ;) ) and can still get in three strikes at the second enemy. Nice little bug, though, as it is of great advantage to quaff a health potion and get back to business again stronger than ever and gain APs in the process:)
duallifes
android_version: 4.0

Re: Bug when fighting multiple enemies

Post by duallifes »

I checked this one and couldnt get it repeated. Only effect I got was that In combat log I get ie "Rat misses you." Thats easily missed and would seem like I would get full ap, but instead you just get next round after monster hits you.

Maybe fix to this couple small floating text in middle of inventory screen like "Monsters combat round." "Your combat round."

Correct me if this truly isnt the case.
"Sleeping by the side of night, holding your hands tight, dreamind of a dream made me so blind. You are just an illusion, you cant be real. Still I gave my heart for you to steal."
Drizzt

Post by Drizzt »

Hmmm..quite mysterious. When I tried it with two rats, I got the effect you mentioned, but with two skeletons, it happened the way I described it in my original post. I subseuqently recreated with two rats, and this time, after having killed the first rat on the first blow, with 5 AP left, I entered the inventory, quaffed a potion, my turn ended, the rat attacked and missed, I hit the rat once, was left with 5 AP, quaffed another potion and voilà, was back to 8 AP again without the rat having attempted an attack. One more thing I noticed when defeating the two skeletons is that the loot of the first remained on the floor after I had defeated them both, and I had to walk onto it to retreive it.
Bard
android_version: 4.0

Post by Bard »

I know this issue. What happens is, that you just can't see, that the mob has already attacked you.
What you see:
You attack - open your inventory - take a potion / change equipment - fall down to any number of AP BELOW min AP for attack/potion - leave inventory - your next turn
What happens:
is that the mob attacks you BEFORE you leave the inventory ...
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Welcom on the forums Drizzt,

And by the way, IMO you schoose nice "nick name". Im too fan of R.A.Salvadore.... and the legend of dark elves..

happy hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
lady black
android_version: 12 - Android 12

Post by lady black »

What nobody has mentioned is that drinking a potion uses your remaining 5AP, ending your turn and setting your AP back to your max. The monster should then get its turn, which I believe should not start until you are out of your inventory. The combat log in the top center should tell you what has happened during the last three attacks, yours or its. (Please do not use "rounds" for combat "turns"; in AT a round is a period of 6 seconds, and the timer does not even run during combat.)
LVL 108; XP 23,138,749; Gold 1,827,209; 4/23/12
HP 130; AP 4/12; AC 328; AD 55-66; CC 9; CM 0; BC 127; DR 2
RoLS 4; RoL 2; ElyR 4; ChaR 11; GoLF 4; ShaF 4
S Rgn, SP: 1:CE,Ev,SM,EB,PB; 2:WA,HH,Cl,BS,MC,BC,CS,QL,IF,Rgn,MF
fiernaq

Post by fiernaq »

Which I find rather amusing because in DnD a combat turn is 6 seconds :roll:
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

exactly, and by the next update... (combat overhaul)
Actor Conditions like Poison and Regeneration will take effect every turn, and every round...
so there will be no need to differentiate between the two.

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
ScorpionZ

Post by ScorpionZ »

lady black wrote:What nobody has mentioned is that drinking a potion uses your remaining 5AP, ending your turn and setting your AP back to your max. The monster should then get its turn, which I believe should not start until you are out of your inventory. The combat log in the top center should tell you what has happened during the last three attacks, yours or its. (Please do not use "rounds" for combat "turns"; in AT a round is a period of 6 seconds, and the timer does not even run during combat.)
This is not true.

If you use all of your AP on a potion or a weapon change, your AP goes to "0". You then have to "end turn" so that combat can continue.

If after you drink a potion or change something, and you 1 or 2 AP left, you may have to do the same.

The only time that your turn automatically ends is if you strike and all of your AP is used up. At that point the monster can strike the number of times based on its AP value.
Level: 49
XP: 2108290
Attack Cost: 3
Attack Chance: 166%
Attack Damage: 22-23
Critical Hit Chance: 25%
Critical Multiplier: 3
Block Chance: 92%
RoLS: 1
SR: 2945
DarkSavant13

Post by DarkSavant13 »

Welcome to the forums, Mr. Do'Urden! :D

The loot thing happens sometimes, but it's such a minor bug and you get your loot anyway, I don't think it's on the top of the list of things for them to fix. ;)