You guys really have a nice start.

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Arasey
android_version: 4.0

You guys really have a nice start.

Post by Arasey »

BUT! Please refer to my rating on google apps, you'll know it when you find it. It didn't give me enough room to say my piece and since you are developing the game as we speak, I would really like my input to be heard.

Great job with the graphics. I really enjoy the old school feel to it.

Now to start the complaining ;)

Does our character start out with no stats? Does everything start out at zero? The feel I get from the story line is there are these 2 brothers and they both aspire to become adventurers... considering all I have been able to find out is your brother, Andor, is missing and you need to find him and it seems from the note found in Leta's basement he might be in some kind of trouble. But back onto topic (sorry, I'm slightly hard to follow). Is our character not an aspiring adventurer after all? Is he some chubby kid that has never worked (considering they are a farming community) and the only time he ran was for the dinner table? Come on... zero or very low stats? And then you have to gain so much experiance just to level up once you hit 3 or 4 that it's very tedious and boring killing rats but either you're not doing enough damage to the higher level creatures or you cannot hit the higher level creatures. And I'm not talking going from killing wasps or rats to cave ants. Their speed is rediculous anyway. I'm talking rats at lvl 4 then trying your luck with rabid dogs and 1 wild boar. Rabid dogs hit you every time and you're lucky to be able to hit them twice in 4 rounds. I do think it should be a challenging game but not to the point you're pulling your hair out because you died again at lvl 6-7 fighting wolves because you just so happened to miss your last 6 attempts to hit. That is my only real complaint. If, maybe, the game says you're lazy, I may be able to accept it but you really need to pull your ratios when it comes to your monsters and they're hit rates. Put puzzles in the game if you want a more challenging game. Everyone gets stuck on puzzles from time to time. I hate puzzles personally but I still play the Silent Hill games... I guess it's more of a love hate relationship.

Remember guys, this is going both ways. I've tried the game focusing on my hit-rate rather than strength, and a fair balance and it's still a pain in the rear for me. Maybe it's just my luck.

No one hate me! Remember, everyone has their own opinions! :)
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Profanity is not allowed on the forums.
Arasey

Re: You guys really have a nice start.

Post by Arasey »

Didn't mean to post the topic twice. Sorry guys, my stratosphere is really hating me today.
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Heh, I'm going to have to agree with you... unless you had come to the forums first and read some of the information contained here the start of AT can be rather rocky. I imagine this is one area that could certainly use some improvement but I think the key thing the developers want to maintain is the difficulty. This isn't supposed to be a walk in the park and although you're right, starting with 0 AD seems odd for a kid who's probably already killed a few rats before, you also don't want to overbalance it and give him the stats to walk all over the rats before he's even hit lvl 2.

Couple of tips in case you're interested:
1) From lvl 1-10ish I would suggest that you go barehanded and get yourself a simple ring of +1 AD (of course upgrade that as you go)
2) The first few lvl ups should probably be spent in AD - you'll already have enough AC to get a few hits in so all you need is for those hits to actually do some dmg. I would suggest about 5 base AD by the time you're lvl 8-10.

Those two tips alone will enable you to kill the snakes in the snake cave just to the south of where you start out by the time you're level 2-3 and snakes drop meat which in turn sells for a pretty decent profit. This will probably be your initial grind area to get some quick gold to buy equipment such as the Jewel of Fallhaven or the chest piece that has +5% BC and +1 DR (don't remember the name of it offhand). 1 DR near the beginning of the game is VERY useful but DR does become less valuable as you go along as monsters begin hitting harder and harder.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

My tips for new build.. sell everything.. grind some meat ... and buy two Bar brawler's ring...

good hunting
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Arasey

Post by Arasey »

I'll give that a shot. I don't look for games that are super easy or anything like that, but I don't want a game that I die every 10-30 min because starting stats suck lol. I put a lot of thought into what I was going to send before posting. I really can see challenges a little more further into the game, and I don't mean lvl 30 or anything like that. I mean, let it start out somewhat easy, to get a feel for the game. I barely gained a feel for the game before it started to bite me.

I appreciate it though.
Last edited by nyktos on Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: [profanity is prohibited]
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Welcome to the forums.

I do agree with you that there does need to be a little more direction early on in the game. At one point a player suggested adding a few more low level quests that could help ease the player into how the game works. Just a thought.

For reference: Begining stats
HP: 25
AP: 4/10
AC: 60%
AD: 1
BC: 0

you do start out with a few items:
HP: 25
AP: 4/10 (bare hands)
AC: 70% (gain 10% from Mikhail's ring)
AD: 1
BC: 2% (Gain 2% from Cloth shirt)

There is a lot of NPCs in the area that are good for new players:
Ants, wild dogs (avoid the Rabid Boar and wild foxes for now), beetles, rats, and snakes (the green ones). After gaining a few levels you should be okay to take on the snakes in the cave to the south (which is a goldmine for collecting Meats, but stay close to the enterance at first)

I always consentrate on collecting as much meat as possible to sell for money to buy better gear. Always try to plan ahead for gear when you can and save up as you can.

The crossroads guardhouse is a great place to pick up some gear and Fallhaven also has a few items you will want to get right off the bat.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

I'm sorry for you stratosphere man, he's not a nice guy :/...
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path