Do some skills need rebalancing?

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Re: Do some skills need rebalancing?

Post by Mino »

I like the level up boosts the way they are now but I won't be picking up the pitchfork and torch if they get changed. Mostly because I've already got most of my stats where I want them anyway.

Unless it gets reduced retroactively, then I might have to join the angry mob. :twisted:
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Piggy the Slayer
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Piggy the Slayer »

Well put +1. Although even I would find hard to take a pitchfork and fire to the creators of such a wonderful and engrossing game.
Level:145 AC: 428% BC:170% DR:4 AD:78-90 AP:12 HP:750 BSS.
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

I like the way a character can progress the first 30-40 levels: good level up bonuses make sure that you can enter new areas about each 5-6 levels making it possible to work your way into the flagstone prison within a few days of xp/meat grinding.

So I wouldn't like to change that.
I wouldn't mind however, that level up bonuses would decrease at certain levels, say 30, 60, 90 and so on.

(One thing to keep in mind: the regular forum guys are probably not representing the bulk of the AT players: most of us have multiple builds and some of these builds have really high stats. So we're not the best group to ask whether level up bonuses should be toned down...)
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

the reasoning for weakening level-ups was...
that you don't even need skills to play the game.

you can just walk through everything,
granted you have high enough XP.

so, maybe instead of nerfing the level-ups...
we introduce enemies & conditions that demand "skilled-up" players to defeat?
[not just tons of XP - but well planned choices]

this would bring an added element of strategy & planning when building your character...
deciding what to do & where to go!

[more thoughts in a moment, trying to get caught up with some extra work right now]

~~~edit~~~

thanks for the input everyone!

:twisted:

"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

Piggy the Slayer wrote:Well put +1. Although even I would find hard to take a pitchfork and fire to the creators of such a wonderful and engrossing game.
I wouldn't actually use them on anyone, just add to the mob mentality :mrgreen:

Mad P wrote:(One thing to keep in mind: the regular forum guys are probably not representing the bulk of the AT players: most of us have multiple builds and some of these builds have really high stats. So we're not the best group to ask whether level up bonuses should be toned down...)
This is a very good point. As I mentioned, the changes wouldn't affect me, unless they were retroactive (and they haven't been so far), so the only change it would bring to me is I might not start a new game again, after putting in all the time to build up my current one.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Sorry to ruin your ideas, but I feel that the game is already hard enough as it is. Level ups are hard to come by when you're not the patient grinding type. When I first played, I still remember thinking that it was plenty hard enough to reach level 10. Lowering the stat gains for hard-to-come-by lv-ups would definitely have me on the protest list.

Some skills seem pretty useless when compared to level ups, but that doesn't mean that we should start lowering the benefits of level ups. Please don't make the game harder than it already is..
Hey guys, I'm back.
Necrite
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Necrite »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Sorry to ruin your ideas, but I feel that the game is already hard enough as it is. Level ups are hard to come by when you're not the patient grinding type. When I first played, I still remember thinking that it was plenty hard enough to reach level 10. Lowering the stat gains for hard-to-come-by lv-ups would definitely have me on the protest list.

Some skills seem pretty useless when compared to level ups, but that doesn't mean that we should start lowering the benefits of level ups. Please don't make the game harder than it already is..
+1

I wanted to improve Skills by making them worth picking up, not by reducing the effectiveness of level ups so that the existing are stronger in comparison.

I could live with a downward adjustment, but I wouldn't like it.
Lvl: 25, XP: 274711, Gold: 13236, RoLS: 1, SR 97,
HP: 61, AC: 175%, AD: 20-31, ECC: 15%, CM: 2.0, BC: 55%, DR: 3
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

We have gone a bit off topic.
No one likes a nerf, not even us, and we don't want to take away anything you have worked for so it's not as though the changes will be retroactive.
In addition to the nerf of level up stats and to help balance the change I would like to see more XP by upgrading the quest XP rewards, new quests, and tweaking some mob XP especially in the beginning 10-15 levels.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

How about lowering the exp needed to lv up instead of increasing exp rewards?
Hey guys, I'm back.
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

Wyrmspawn wrote:How about lowering the exp needed to lv up instead of increasing exp rewards?
I think the amount of xp needed per level is fine but quest reward xp needs a major boost.

Lets get back on the topic of skills and if they need adjustment.

We can always make a different topic about other balance suggestions.