A fanmade quest for luthors cursed key

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: A fanmade quest for luthors cursed key

Post by Antison »

Nice idea, but please NO level restrictions. The world of A.T is supposed to be free and open to roam the world at your own risk. Recent updates have opposed this idea, but please no more.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Nut
android_version: 8.0

Post by Nut »

The engine doesn't support level restrictions for this reason indeed.
Instead you could define, that a quest is only available after another quest has been completed. This should be used, if the new quest is based on the other.
Or you place monsters at the entrance of the map who give an example of the difficulty that awaits the Player. I like this solution most although it is not possible everywhere.
Nut
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Antison wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 pm The world of A.T is supposed to be free and open to roam the world at your own risk. Recent updates have opposed this idea.
In what way? I can't think of any policy that has changed regarding this.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

rijackson741 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am
Antison wrote: Tue Oct 29, 2019 11:59 pm The world of A.T is supposed to be free and open to roam the world at your own risk. Recent updates have opposed this idea.
1. The quest from the guy east of loneford requires Charwood quests to be completed.
2. What is, the quests from Agthor or llegLaris have experience requirements. Agthor won't trade with you unless you have certain experience.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Aulrad
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Aulrad »

Thanks for informing me about level restrictions etc. I'll tell if i have made a solution for that
May the Elythran Potato bless you. :o :lol:
Aulrad

Post by Aulrad »

Oh wait i think i have one!

Lemme hear your opinions about this:

Okay so back to the story i created maybe i can connect the story of The traitor of theives guild..... i forgot his name lol

*****************(**

I remember about that legaris quest ...... that time when he said mc is inexperienced but mc wants to prove hes experienced and then he will ask mc what things he had done.... and if he can only say about rats in his backyard.... legaris will end conversation...... thats what i want to apply too.......

But for alynndir... (the new quest about traitor in theives guild) must be completed in order to make noc to believe a little bit but he will still send us for some quest to to test mc

Example conversation:

Mc: you look worried, whats bothering you?
Npc: (tells the problem)
Mc: maybe i could hell you?
Npc: but youre just a kid
Mc: yeah but i have killed a lot of monster and saved people
Npc: I dont believe you enough, you should prove it first

Mc: C1. I have killed 2 rats at my backyard!
Npc ans: Is that all? Maybe you should go and play with your toys
(Convo end)

C2.(this option will appear after completing the new quest about theives guild) I have killed the murderer in fallhaven and saved the captain!
Npc: I have heard the news about that but i cant really tell if its you, maybe i will believe if you could do me a task.

Mc : what is that?
Npc: You see, i dont have much customer here for a long time its because they are getting scared of those gargoyles thats roaming in front of the cave near this hut . Theyre the one that caused me being bankrupt.

I triend killing some of them back then but they keep appearing anyway,

Mc: so?

Npc: i want you to bring me 30 burnt ash, it can be found after killing those gargoyles. If you manage to bring it to me, i cluld somehow beleive that youre an experienced one

(Thats all i can tbink for now)
Aulrad

Post by Aulrad »

Sorry for some typos... i was in a hurry hehe
rijackson741
android_version: 10 - Android 10

Post by rijackson741 »

Antison wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:50 am
rijackson741 wrote: Wed Oct 30, 2019 12:27 am
1. The quest from the guy east of loneford requires Charwood quests to be completed.
2. What is, the quests from Agthor or llegLaris have experience requirements. Agthor won't trade with you unless you have certain experience.
There are quest requirements for Agthor and experience (but not XP) requirements for Llegaris, but these are old. They existed when I first started playing the game. The guy east of Loneford does require a previous quest to be finished, but the quest you start with him was written as a follow on quest. Unless we make all quests completely independent of other quests (which would be very limiting) then sometimes you will have to finish one quest before you can start another.

There are also requirements for you to trade with Minarra. Those have also existed for as long as I have played the game.
Level:71, XP:6493739, PV:608, FQ:84
HP:210, AC:212, AD:58-77, AP:4, ECC:16%, CM:1.5, BC:188, DR:3
Gold: 237559 | RoLS:1, RoL:1, GoW:1, VSH:1, RoFLS:1, WoB:1
HH:1, WA:1, CS:2, Cl:1, IF:4, Ev:3, Re:2, WP:DA:1, WP:1S:1, WP:B:1, AP:L:1, FS:DW:2, S:DW:1
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Post by Tomcat »

The requirements to talk with Llegaris should perhaps be automatically met if you're carrying his amulet. It feels odd that there is no dialog option for either to bring it up in this case. Of course, it's a little odd that you can tell it's his without him ever mentioning it, but then maybe it has his game engraved on the back :)

Looking into the code,
it appears that having finished the main Loneford quest should turn on the amulet discussion, but this didn't work for me. However, the exact quest level listed assumes you beat Buceth and I sided with him, so perhaps it only works for one choice?
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Aulrad

Post by Aulrad »

Tomcat wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:32 pm The requirements to talk with Llegaris should perhaps be automatically met if you're carrying his amulet. It feels odd that there is no dialog option for either to bring it up in this case. Of course, it's a little odd that you can tell it's his without him ever mentioning it, but then maybe it has his game engraved on the back :)

Looking into the code,
it appears that having finished the main Loneford quest should turn on the amulet discussion, but this didn't work for me. However, the exact quest level listed assumes you beat Buceth and I sided with him, so perhaps it only works for one choice?
But i think its still possible to talk to him in ur situation?

Can you tell me your last quest log about that

Or maybe u should do charwood quests