Future Extraordinary and legendary items ideas

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Future Extraordinary and legendary items ideas

Post by Antison »

Let me preface this with the fact that I have very little imagination, but I want to throw-out a few ideas I have for new extraordinary and/or legendary items. Am not sure if these items I have in mind are worthy of "legendary" status or not, but I am sure Oskar and his team could run with my ideas(or any that you may suggest) and tweak them. What I have in mind is focused around item Categories that don't have an extraordinary or legendary item yet.

Wearable (head): The best BC for a current "head"/helmet item is I think around 11%, so let's start with that number and give this extraordinary/legendary item a BC of 15%-18%. Now here comes that lack of imagination that I previously stated...lets give this item the attribute of "Quick Learner". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Quick Learner" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +10 would work or stacking 5% onto the "Strong Mind" skill.

Wearable (feet): Attack chance of somewhere around 6%-8%, Block Chance of around 10%-13%, and lets give this item the attribute of "Evasion". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Evasion" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +5 would work.

Wearable (body): Attack chance of somewhere around 1%-3%, Block Chance of around 20%, and lets give this item the attribute of reducing actor conditions. I had this suggestion when 0.6.9 was released and some people were in favor of it. What do you think now? I think it should add 10% to the "Enduring Body" at the least to give it "extraordinary" status and then to give it "legendary" status, allow it to stack another 5% onto "Pure Blood" & "Strong Mind".

Shield: Block chance of 16%-19% without a negative cost on attack chance. Add some "damage resistance" of let's say 2. Not sure what else. My creative ideas have run dry.
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Re: Future Extraordinary and legendary items ideas

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

tek wrote:Wearable (head): The best BC for a current "head"/helmet item is I think around 11%, so let's start with that number and give this extraordinary/legendary item a BC of 15%-18%. Now here comes that lack of imagination that I previously stated...lets give this item the attribute of "Quick Learner". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Quick Learner" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +10 would work or stacking 5% onto the "Strong Mind" skill.
Would this be like some of the others where it's X% of what you currently have, or just a straight X%?

tek wrote:Wearable (feet): Attack chance of somewhere around 6%-8%, Block Chance of around 10%-13%, and lets give this item the attribute of "Evasion". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Evasion" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +5 would work.
6-8% & 10-13% is already sick, but I like stacking onto things a lot of people might not take (I didn't take it).

tek wrote:Wearable (body): Attack chance of somewhere around 1%-3%, Block Chance of around 20%, and lets give this item the attribute of reducing actor conditions. I had this suggestion when 0.6.9 was released and some people were in favor of it. What do you think now? I think it should add 10% to the "Enduring Body" at the least to give it "extraordinary" status and then to give it "legendary" status, allow it to stack another 5% onto "Pure Blood" & "Strong Mind".

Shield: Block chance of 16%-19% without a negative cost on attack chance. Add some "damage resistance" of let's say 2. Not sure what else. My creative ideas have run dry.
The rest of these would be nice to have, that's for sure, but none of them have any CC...
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
Antison

Post by Antison »

Chest_Rockfield wrote:
tek wrote:Wearable (head): The best BC for a current "head"/helmet item is I think around 11%, so let's start with that number and give this extraordinary/legendary item a BC of 15%-18%. Now here comes that lack of imagination that I previously stated...lets give this item the attribute of "Quick Learner". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Quick Learner" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +10 would work or stacking 5% onto the "Strong Mind" skill.
Would this be like some of the others where it's X% of what you currently have, or just a straight X%?
I think you are asking about adding to the "Quick learner", if so, yes I was thinking it would be a straight % add.
Chest_Rockfield wrote:
6-8% & 10-13% is already sick, but I like stacking onto things a lot of people might not take (I didn't take it).
6-8% might be high, but the BC OF 10-13% fits with other boots nicely. Woodcutter's is 8%, defender's boots is at 9%

No CC because I was focused on non-weapons. Maybe CC can fit somewhere.
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

so chest being a fan of criticals & nearly everyone wearing RoLS...

a second Legedary ring?

Ring of Finesse
~ boosting cc & cm
~ target is more vulnerable to crits

(that is, if the mobs get defence against criticals in future updates)

random thoughts...
*shrug*
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Chest_Rockfield
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread
Location: Impeached former President of the Too cool for a RoLS Club. ;)

Post by Chest_Rockfield »

No one would wear it but me... :P
Lvl: 162, XP: 77,249,000, Gold: 2,508,000 RoLS: 0, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 18, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 2
HP: 517, AC: 333%, AD: 60-61, AP: 3, CC: 90%, CM: 3, BC: 218%, DR: 0, BMP: 4k+
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

we will call you Crit Rockfield :lol:

idk - i would hunt one down if we needed to break crit dfenses
(thats pure speculation anyway)

how about a ring that gives 10% to each blood, body & mind?
~Ring of Purity~
"Embrace the Shadow"

Antison

Post by Antison »

nyktos wrote: how about a ring that gives 10% to each blood, body & mind?
~Ring of Purity~
I would prefer the armor gives that ability. My RoLS's are staying on my fingers. :D
nyktos
VIP

Post by nyktos »

focusing on helms gets a +1
"Embrace the Shadow"

Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

tek wrote:

I like this one, especially the boosts relating to his head (QL & Strong Mind), but I always want more QL.
tek wrote:Wearable (feet): Attack chance of somewhere around 6%-8%, Block Chance of around 10%-13%, and lets give this item the attribute of "Evasion". This is pretty obvious that it will stack onto the "Evasion" skill, the question is by how much? I am thinking maybe 10%-15%. If this item is to be elevated to "legendary" item status, maybe a "Raises max HP" of say +5 would work.
Another good idea, I was actually thinking about something like this too, so we're on the same page on this one with the "Evasion" boost. If you want to make it legendary, give it the same "reduce AP by 1" stat as the Jewel of Fallhaven.
tek wrote:Wearable (body): Attack chance of somewhere around 1%-3%, Block Chance of around 20%, and lets give this item the attribute of reducing actor conditions. I had this suggestion when 0.6.9 was released and some people were in favor of it. What do you think now? I think it should add 10% to the "Enduring Body" at the least to give it "extraordinary" status and then to give it "legendary" status, allow it to stack another 5% onto "Pure Blood" & "Strong Mind".
Another great idea.
tek wrote:Shield: Block chance of 16%-19% without a negative cost on attack chance. Add some "damage resistance" of let's say 2. Not sure what else. My creative ideas have run dry.
For a shield idea, I'm going to re-post my suggestion from the L&E items topic:
Reflective shield - upon being hit by a monster that can inflict a condition, you have a 50% chance of the condition inflicting the monster instead of you. To make it more special, it could also provide 15-20% BC and no reduction in AC.

And a few other ideas I had posted in other topics:
Blackwater shield of misery - prevents user from being afflicted with Blackwater misery. This would make the BWM items way too powerful though, so it should definitely be a Legendary item with only 1 or 2 creatures that drop it available at a time.

Blackwater dagger of misery - gives the user blackwater misery as usual, but also 50% chance of inflicting it on hit.

Ideas for revision of current L & E items on the next update:
For the GoLF - reduces the attack cost of ROL by 1 AP, so it would be 4 if you're wearing the GoLF while using the ROL, or 3 with the Jewel of Fallhaven.

For the ROL - doubles the extra max HP provided by the GoLF, making it 18 extra HP.

ShadowFang - change the stats to 20% chance of inflicting Fatigue, and 20% chance of resisting it as well. Or if it has to keep its current stat of the user getting Fatigue, make it so it also inflicts it on any attacked enemies at the same time. Or since Shadow Fang sounds really menacing, just change its function and give it the "Cleave" stat to add +2 or 3 AP on each kill if you attack a mob.

And then make the ElyR have a 50% chance to inflict Fatigue - since the weapon is dropped by the Fatigue causing Wyrm trainers and masters (similar to how the Chaos Reaper that causes Chaotic Grip is dropped by a creature that also inflicts this condition).
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
edferd
android_version: 4.0

Post by edferd »

what about like a skeletal armor. 5% ac 3% cc and 10% bc with a 25% chance to counterattack meaning if they hit you, you have a 25% chance to hit them for 150% of the damage they did to you. the lower lvl people in the game dont have any l&e items, the lowest one is the rols... when you do the quest for bonemeal or the flagstone quest you kill a lot of skeletons so why not give them something nice to drop for people that just start playing and dont really have any good armor.
Lvl: 32, XP: 574831 Gold: 36965, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 0, RoL: 0, ChaR: 0, GoLF: 0, ShaF: 0
HP: 92, AC: 154%, AD: 14-25, AP: 4, CC: 17%, CM: 2, BC: 85%, DR: 2