magic finder/ treasure hunter

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
knightmare0
android_version: 4.0

magic finder/ treasure hunter

Post by knightmare0 »

as far as i can tell neither affects drop % of normal items such as meat jewels junk gear/weps so why not allow one to handle a % of those. given treasure ups your gold % and amount id say revamp magic finder to increase normal drops by x% and rare (magical as ingame desc says) items by y% y being the smaller % possibly even adding a small z% for extra items or multiples to drop aswell making magic finder alot more useful for grinding more then just legendary and extrodinary items?

it would make it alot more useful early on when grinding up meat and potions and in flagstone for $$$ for the best store bought stuff then really helps push u thru the lower levels, also would be nice for farming up potions for hp ap and the like vs everyone solely relying on bone meal potions (make somthing drop potions better then the standard 10 hp ones!)

this will also become useful when crafting comes into play in latter versions hopefully
Last edited by Pyrizzle on Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: No profanity please.
lvl 40 dual weild ninjar
Lvl 1 2h berserker
blackwater butcherer
allaceph annihilator
Charwood liberator!
mercenary, savior, villian? who cares im just plain awesome....
Dual weild or not dual wield....
My awesome 2h weapons beg me this question.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: magic finder/ treasure hunter

Post by Pyrizzle »

knightmare0 wrote:as far as i can tell neither affects drop % of normal items such as meat jewels junk gear/weps so why not allow one to handle a % of those. given treasure ups your gold % and amount id say revamp magic finder to increase normal drops by x% and rare (magical as ingame desc says) items by y% y being the smaller % possibly even adding a small z% for extra items or multiples to drop aswell making magic finder alot more useful for grinding more then just legendary and extrodinary items?

it would make it alot more useful early on when grinding up meat and potions and in flagstone for $$$ for the best store bought stuff then really helps push u thru the lower levels, also would be nice for farming up potions for hp ap and the like vs everyone solely relying on bone meal potions (make somthing drop potions better then the standard 10 hp ones!)

this will also become useful when crafting comes into play in latter versions hopefully
You are correct, neither Magic finder or Treasure hunter have any effect on common items you would find in the game (like meats and potions for example)

Magic Finder: Was put in the game to help players find the legendary and Extraordinary items in the game, because these items are so powerful magic finder helps you find one faster. It wouldn't make sense for this to have any sort of effect on commonly found items.

Money is something important early on in the game but after a point you will start building up tons of cash and you will have nothing to do with it... for now. :D
if either of the 2 skills had an effect on common drop items, treasure hunter would make the most sense. ((One problem i can see is that we would have to make it have no effect on the counting items for the Legendary and Extraordinary items))
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------