"Rare" monsters

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
devientz
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

"Rare" monsters

Post by devientz »

I guess this idea is similar to what you see in a lot of mmorpgs. I've noticed that all the "Bosses" are a one time fight and it can get a little boring killing the same monsters over and over looking for a certain item or grinding.

My suggestion would be to add some kind of "rare" monsters that would drop some of the extraordinary/legendary items ect. For example, on a given map, maybe 1 in ??? spawns of a certain type of monster would spawn a stronger "rare" monster that would have (a higher) chance of dropping these items. This way, you could not only fight these bosses more than once, but it would keep you engaged when grinding or looking for a certain drop.
devientz

Re: "Rare" monsters

Post by devientz »

Also, I don't know much about programming so I'm not sure how difficult it would be to implement something like this, but one potential problem with this idea would be being able to save/load once one one spawnsto get a given item quickly. If the save option was disabled with a rare monster on the screen and it reverted back to anormal monster if you leave the map, or if it reverted back upon loading a game, it could possibly solve this problem.

Just my thoughts... I'd be interested to see how other people feel. Any thoughts?
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1 I love to see rare and really hard monsters in game
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Mad P
android_version: 2.1 - Eclair

Post by Mad P »

Welcome to the forums, devientz!

I like the idea of ultra rare monsters appearing suddenly. It adds to the unpredictable universe of AT.

I'm not a fan of disabling the save button. I would rather have the rare monster drops a moonstone or something and a collector somewhere gives you a very special item in exchange for 5 moonstones
Still playing this game at level 5, collected all extraordinaries, now some precious ring would be useful...

Lvl: 5, XP: 190789
GoLF: 1, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, ChaR: 1, ShaF: 1
Gold:28158, HP: 66, AC: 191%, AD: 10-17, AP: 3, CC: 0%, CM: 0, BC: -10%, DR: 0
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

devientz wrote:I guess this idea is similar to what you see in a lot of mmorpgs. I've noticed that all the "Bosses" are a one time fight and it can get a little boring killing the same monsters over and over looking for a certain item or grinding.

My suggestion would be to add some kind of "rare" monsters that would drop some of the extraordinary/legendary items ect. For example, on a given map, maybe 1 in ??? spawns of a certain type of monster would spawn a stronger "rare" monster that would have (a higher) chance of dropping these items. This way, you could not only fight these bosses more than once, but it would keep you engaged when grinding or looking for a certain drop.
+1, I like your idea! Maybe I get finally a legendary item from these rare monsters.
Do you mean that the monster should also despawn after changing the map?
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
devientz

Post by devientz »

Ian wrote:
+1, I like your idea! Maybe I get finally a legendary item from these rare monsters.
Do you mean that the monster should also despawn after changing the map?
Thanks!

I honestly haven't thought this idea through too thoroughly. When I suggested that it should despawn after changing maps, I was trying to think of ways to prevent using the save/load method to significantly reduce the time for acquiring an item. Mad P also came up with an excellent way to deal with this. :)

Anyways, just gotta say this is by far my favorite game for android. Can't wait to see where it his from here.
Ian

Post by Ian »

Thanks for the feedback and the clarification!
I'll mention your idea in the coming hangout. I think, combined with MadP's moonstone idea, it's something that is a lot fun and another way to obtain the extraordinary and legendary items.
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
devientz

Post by devientz »

Just to add to this a little bit, I was trying to think of other special items these monsters could drop that would make it even more exciting to find one of them roaming around.

I was thinking maybe they could be incorporated into the upgradable items which was added before. For example, maybe one of these monsters could have a chance to drop a "damage resistance stone" that you could give to the guy who upgrades equipment and you could upgrade certain items with it. Then a different rare monster could drop a different stone (block chance stone etc). Added to the moonstone idea it would make it really fun to try to find and kill these things.

Just a thought :)
Ian

Post by Ian »

I like your idea! Upgrading items is one of the best ideas which were released so far. Btw, I would really like to upgrade items by myself. So, the dmg resistance stones others could get useful.
These monsters could also drop ores (like moonstone, iron, gold, silver etc.) which you could use to improve your armor.

Maybe a crafting system will be released in the future. Hopefully...
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

I'm thinking of characters like the highwayman. They could appear randomly and challenge you to battles, avenging their fallen comrade.
Hey guys, I'm back.