Map tiles: Revealed w/o entering that map

A place to submit bugs to the Andor's Trail Development Team.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Map tiles: Revealed w/o entering that map

Post by Pyrizzle »

So when i reached the area with the Irdeghs I looked at the map and there are 4 maps that are now revealed that i have never stepped foot on yet.

The 4 maps are just to the east of where the Irdeghs are located.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Re: Map tiles: Revealed w/o entering that map

Post by sdevaney »

From another character that had been there? The worldmap is currently shared among all characters.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

As i have been exploring with my new build every time i enter a new map screen the screen for that map becomes available from the map menu. There are 4 maps squares that are not even connected to any of the maps that i already been on (like there is a map sized gap inbetween where i have unlocked and what mysteriously popped up)

it's really not a big deal. Just think it is a lil weird.

I'll try drawing it out.

the [] are maps i can see on my map
the - are spaces inbetween the maps (blank or untraveled)

[][][]------[]-
[][][]------[]-
[][][]------[]-
[][][]----[]---
[][][][]-------
The 4 spaces to the right are not connected with maps i have traveled already.

Do you know of something i can use to take a screenshot on my phone? I could try to post a picture if I am not being clear enough.

Necrite
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Necrite »

I have no idea what version of Android this requires, but I can take a screen shot by placing my hsnd so that it covers the entire edge of the screen, then sliding my hand to the opposite edge. I'm on a Note 2 with Android 4.1.1; my previous device was a cruddy tablet with 1.5. No idea which version in between it was added in.
Lvl: 25, XP: 274711, Gold: 13236, RoLS: 1, SR 97,
HP: 61, AC: 175%, AD: 20-31, ECC: 15%, CM: 2.0, BC: 55%, DR: 3
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

If you're on Android 4.0 or higher, you can take a screen shot by pressing power + volume down at the same time.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
sdevaney
Site Admin
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by sdevaney »

If you are stuck on 2.3 try a program called ScreenshotER
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Most Android phones as far back as Froyo at least have a built-in screenshot capture keybind. The problem is that the keybind varies not only by Android version but by individual phones. I'll list some of the common keybinds for taking screenshots here:

(all of these keybinds require pressing both buttons simultaneously and holding briefly for a few seconds)
  • Volume Down + Power
  • Home + Power
  • Back + Power
  • Home + Back
  • Back + Volume Down
  • Home + Volume Up
As you can see, the variety is astounding (someone needs to come up with a standard :roll:) but the general idea is that two keys are always activated and held briefly. On my phone it's the Volume Down + Power combo and you really do need to hold it for a few seconds and then you'll see a fat white border around the edge of the screen which goes away a second later and that's about the only notification that the screenshot was successful until you go to the notifications bar.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013
Elyon
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Elyon »

Pyrizzle wrote:So when i reached the area with the Irdeghs I looked at the map and there are 4 maps that are now revealed that i have never stepped foot on yet.
Your on to something here Sir Rizzle. I had the same map pre showings before even steeping on it. I even deleted all AT files from my phone files. I think what happens is it displays a chunk of the area when you step ona map. Like if you walk into fallhaven it'll reveal the whole fallhaven area.

It would be nice to have a fog-of-war type of map. That would be sweet.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Elyon wrote:
Pyrizzle wrote:So when i reached the area with the Irdeghs I looked at the map and there are 4 maps that are now revealed that i have never stepped foot on yet.
Your on to something here Sir Rizzle. I had the same map pre showings before even steeping on it. I even deleted all AT files from my phone files. I think what happens is it displays a chunk of the area when you step ona map. Like if you walk into fallhaven it'll reveal the whole fallhaven area.

It would be nice to have a fog-of-war type of map. That would be sweet.
I am glad to hear that it is not just me seeing this come up.

Fog of war, like if you explore a whole map you can see the whole thing but the parts untraveled will still be hazy/foggy? That would be a cool addition.