v0.8.10 (BWM fill) released to Google Play!

Useful links
Source code of the game - Contribution guide - ATCS Editor - Translate the game on Weblate - Example walkthrough - Andor's Trail Directory - Join the Discord
Get the game (v0.8.10) from Google, F-Droid, our server, or itch.io

Religions of the game

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Tomcat
VIP
android_version: 7.0

Re: Religions of the game

Post by Tomcat »

tek wrote:
Tomcat wrote:
PK17 wrote:BWM need kazual chants so I would guess they worship kazual.
But then why does Throdna ask you to destroy the demons and pour holy water on the shrine? Sounds more like enemies of Kazaul to me.

Because he needs more time to understand the ritual before the uprising.
Maybe a bit of a stretch, but can't rule it out, I suppose. And it did occur to me that he might be one of those sorcerers who wants to summon a demon into his pentacle, etc.

But either way, he's described in the quest log as a mage, not a priest, and he may not represent BWM's religion
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
Skills: CS:2 IF:2 Ev:3 Rg:1 DgPro:1 1HPro:2 LtAPro:2 FS-DW:2 Sp-DW:1
Equip: FP BSS JoF RoP PRoB SrpHbk GoLF EnhCH EnhCB
Other: DotSP VD GoW FB TG RoD+6 Oegyth:6
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Tomcat wrote: Maybe a bit of a stretch, but can't rule it out, I suppose. And it did occur to me that he might be one of those sorcerers who wants to summon a demon into his pentacle, etc.

But either way, he's described in the quest log as a mage, not a priest, and he may not represent BWM's religion
Actually Blackwater Settlement only has Mages no priests. So no chapel. They do have a mage school. So I think that it could be a possibility that the sorcerer could be trying to summon him.

But....

Did anyone think that it could be Elythara?

Think about all the kazual security that is in the temple. The Darkness that you have to go through to get to the inside of the temple. Since Kazual destroyed Elythara's temple maybe Kazual trapped her in his temple to keep her from escaping and the Blackwater Mountain Mage blessed the stone to strengthen the cage that she is in.

Anyways just a thought.
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

Fire7051 wrote: Actually Blackwater Settlement only has Mages no priests. So no chapel. They do have a mage school. So I think that it could be a possibility that the sorcerer could be trying to summon him.

But....

Think about all the kazual security that is in the temple. The Darkness that you have to go through to get to the inside of the temple. Since Kazual destroyed Elythara's temple maybe Kazual trapped her in his temple to keep her from escaping and the Blackwater Mountain Mage blessed the stone to strengthen the cage that she is in.

Anyways just a thought.
Yes there is a Blackwater Priest, on the second level of the settlement, in a chapel. Northeast corner of the level. But now that I revisit, he is trying to remember a chant? prayer? about Kazaul also. Again, for or against? Perhaps this is supposed to remain a mystery, and replacing the symbols would give it away....
Norbert
Lvl:52 XP:2597576 AP:12 HP:124 AC:282 AD:30-42 CHS:27 CM:2.0 ECC:18% BC:132 DR:2
PK17
android_version: 4.0

Post by PK17 »

Tomcat wrote:
Fire7051 wrote: Actually Blackwater Settlement only has Mages no priests. So no chapel. They do have a mage school. So I think that it could be a possibility that the sorcerer could be trying to summon him.

But....

Anyways just a thought.
Yes there is a Blackwater Priest, on the second level of the settlement, in a chapel. Northeast corner of the level. But now that I revisit, he is trying to remember a chant? prayer? about Kazaul also. Again, for or against? Perhaps this is supposed to remain a mystery, and replacing the symbols would give it away....
Yeah, it is a mage at the altar/chapel there. Who knows what's going on, those westerners are pretty shady.
Take a stop by my game thread for some forum fun!!!

http://andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=4577
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

PK17 wrote:
Tomcat wrote:

But....

Anyways just a thought.
Yeah, it is a mage at the altar/chapel there. Who knows what's going on, those westerners are pretty shady.
His ”name” is ”Blackwater Priest”. Call me crazy, but I think he's a priest.

But there are no symbols around his altar, so either he's a Unitarian or he's hiding something
Norbert
nyktos
VIP
android_version: 7.1 - Nougat

Post by nyktos »

a priest could be worshipping a god of magic...
[and usually - in that sense]
it is not always a pious affair.
"Embrace the Shadow"

[Lv: 60] [HP: 175] [AC: 361] [AD: 25-39] [BC: 75]
[Dual Wielding Swords] [Unarmored Fighting]
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

nyktos wrote:a priest could be worshipping a god of magic...
Still makes him a priest ;) Besides, aren't all gods magic?

Incidentally, it would be an interesting storyline to resolve the whole pro-/anti-Kazaul question. And I noticed there are no symbols in the Prim ”chapel” in the back of the school, either. He just hawks you potions, and his ”priestly acolyte” brags about becoming a great healer someday. No hint of sect, so another mystery.
Norbert
Meirerion
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by Meirerion »

Tomcat wrote:

Incidentally, it would be an interesting storyline to resolve the whole pro-/anti-Kazaul question. And I noticed there are no symbols in the Prim ”chapel” in the back of the school, either. He just hawks you potions, and his ”priestly acolyte” brags about becoming a great healer someday. No hint of sect, so another mystery.

Maybe later you'll be able to convert them ;).

That would be fun.
~May Elythara's wisdom light your path
Tomcat
VIP

Post by Tomcat »

Meirerion wrote:
Tomcat wrote:

That would be fun.
Yes it would....I can figure out who would want that, but have not thought about how....
Norbert
Fire7051
android_version: 3.0

Post by Fire7051 »

Tomcat wrote:

That would be fun.
Yes it would....I can figure out who would want that, but have not thought about how....[/quote]

Maybe instead of converting them we can go full on crusade. Once we reach Feyguard or Nor City we can chose a side and destroy the non-believers!
:twisted: Convert to Kazual or Die :twisted:
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
Give a man a fire and he will be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.