Character Builds

A place for general discussion about the content and gameplay of Andor's Trail.
Windswept
android_version: 4.3

Character Builds

Post by Windswept »

So I just re-started the game after playing for a few hours. I am going to go as far as I can without using any skill or stat points until I determine what kind of build I want to go for.

What are the options? And merits/disadvantages of each?

Dual-Wield, 2-Hander, Shield and Sword, what else is there?

Merits/disadvantages of armor types?
Weapon types?
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Re: Character Builds

Post by Pyrizzle »

Windswept wrote:So I just re-started the game after playing for a few hours. I am going to go as far as I can without using any skill or stat points until I determine what kind of build I want to go for.

What are the options? And merits/disadvantages of each?

Dual-Wield, 2-Hander, Shield and Sword, what else is there?

Merits/disadvantages of armor types?
Weapon types?
Skill Points: On my active build I am also saving up my skill points as i go. The only one that i would say you *HAVE* to get is Increased Fortitude, because it will have the greatest effect if used early on. Other than that you can save them up and beat all content w/o having to spend anymore (Well, I'd splurge and put 2 into Combat speed at lvl 30 as well)

Fighting Styles:
I prefer Duel Wielding and using 2 weapons with low attack costs, but recently I've found that the good old Sword n Shield style is very balanced (The extra BC is always nice IMO)

If you decide you are going to use one of the fighting styles be sure to max it out asap. You will get the biggest boost by investing skill points until it's maxed out.

Armor Types:
Early on in the game armor types won't matter as much, just be sure to get the most bang for your buck (Biggest AC, BC, AD, a status effect, or whatever)
later on, once you unlock the Armor Proficiency skills the armor types will be more important because you can get a bigger boost for using armors that you are proficient in wearing.

Weapon Types:
Kinda the same answer as the armor types, the most important thing in a weapon is usually the Attack Cost. Using an item with a low attack cost means more swings per turn (And more damage each turn). Picking a weapon type doesn't really matter as much until you are able to put skill points into the proficiency skills.

Hope this helps, have any other questions? Ask anytime. I'll be online all night.
-Pyro
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windswept

Post by Windswept »

You sir are awesome. Thank you for the information.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Windswept wrote:You sir are awesome. Thank you for the information.
My pleasure Windswept!

Happy hunting!
-Pyro

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

Antison
android_version: 14 - Android 14

Post by Antison »

Please don't inflate Pyro's ego to much as we will never hear the end to his awesomeness. :lol:
"A home without a beagle is just a house"
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

Antison wrote:
Please don't inflate Pyro's ego to much as we will never hear the end to his awesomeness. :lol:
:lol: Sir... but now you must admit that the Pyro's tips were great
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Windswept

Post by Windswept »

So I decided to stack health. Judging from the stats some of the top gear provides I should be able to deal lots of damage. So I'm gonna get as much HP as I can get. I don't know whether to put other skill points into dodge or re gen or something else.
Spark

Post by Spark »

Hi, Windswep.
Here thread you may find useful

andorstrail.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2005
Image lvl: 34, HP: 79, AC: 231%, AD: 19-27, AP: 2/12, BC: 22%, Move Cost 4
Equipment: QsD, JoF, Villian's ring2, Villian's armor, HPG, Coward's boots, Fine green hat, Wooden defender
Skills: IF2, Ev3, Re1, CS2
Windswept

Post by Windswept »

Corpse Eater versus regeneration? What are yalls thoughts?
fiernaq
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by fiernaq »

Depends on how fast you kill stuff. If, like me, you find yourself bulldozing over 20 mobs in as many seconds then Corpse Eater is the way to go. If, on the other hand, each fight lasts a couple of rounds then Regeneration is probably better for you.
Level: 58, HP: 102, AC: 295%, AD: 46-56, AP: 2/12, BC: 35%, DR: 4
Gold: 75235 | RoLS: 0 RoL: 0 SRoV: 0 VSH: 0
Skills: IF1, Ev1, Ev2, Ev3, CE1, CS1, CS2, Re1, WA1, HH1, Cl1, HH2, DaggerPro1, LightArmorPro1, ShieldPro1, WA2, Cl2
Equipment: Enhanced Combat Helmet, Serpent's Hauberk, Marrowtaint, Quickstrike Dagger, Remgard Shield, Villain's Ring, Villain's Ring, Leather Gloves Of Attack, Enhanced Combat Boots
Last Updated: 02-Dec-2013