what other phone rpgs are out there?

A place to discuss anything not related to the game.
Gus_Almighty

what other phone rpgs are out there?

Post by Gus_Almighty »

Just curious. Ive never had much luck sorting through the others which seem like junk in comparison to andors.
kendraso

Re: what other phone rpgs are out there?

Post by kendraso »

There's gurk and star trader rpg that i know of
qasur

Post by qasur »

I've played Zenonia, and I'm currently playing Zenonia 2 right now (in addition to Andor's Trail). They're pretty cool. Just today I noticed that they released Zenonia 3.
bloodydeamon

Post by bloodydeamon »

Hands down inotia 3 best game on phone far as rpg no game can compare
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

I've been playing the old Wizardry games with an NES emulator. No fancy graphics, but I still enjoy the games. They're a little easier now with multiple savegame slots.
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18
oskarwiksten
Captain Awesome
android_version: 2.3 - Gingerbread

Post by oskarwiksten »

Although it goes against me to suggest another RPG, I have played both "Dweller" and "Quest swords and spells" on Android. Dweller is also made by someone from Sweden (like I am), Björn Ritzl.

I would also like to suggest some RPGs that can be played on a Windows machine (or on Linux using Wine), that have had a profound impact on me in making Andor's Trail: Personally, I would consider Baldur's Gate 2 to be the most enjoyable game I have ever played, of all categories, ever. Baldur's Gate 2 using the Advanced Dungeouns and Dragons ruleset have been such a great experience that I would recommend it to anyone that have not yet played them. However, please keep in mind that they do not have any fancy 3d graphics or anything like that (Baldur's Gate 2 was released in 2000). Instead, they have a very compelling story and extraordinary gameplay mechanics that together make for an exceptional game.

Additionally, if we are talking ordinary RPGs, I would also like to add Wizardry 8 to the bin. To me, the concept of "whatever you do, you level up in it", Wizardry 8 is the master of this. With its early 3d graphics, it goes a really long way of making a really great RPG, with a compelling story. Wizardry 8, for those of you who have not tried it yet, is a great experience in gaining experience :)

To summarize, Baldur's Gate 2. If you are not afraid of 2D graphics, I would really encourage you to try it. Or Fallout 2.
/Oskar
Gus_Almighty

Post by Gus_Almighty »

I wasnt knocking this game, I was just curious.

I have downloaded about 10 other games for the phone and they all suck horribly.
Mino
VIP
android_version: 4.4 - Kitkat

Post by Mino »

I've mostly just been playing Andor lately, but other games I also enjoy(ed) are:
Legends Arcana
Gurk II (Gurk is also good, but the sequel is even better)

Zenonia 2
But I stopped playing after I got to the "end" and it starts all over but all monsters get boosted stats
. I don't really like that you can't explore where ever you want in this series like Andor (and also Legends Arcana and Gurk) lets you.

I had bought Zenonia1 when it was on sale for 99cents but didn't end up playing it.

If anyone's looking for an action game, Marvel recently put their "Captain America: Sentinel of Liberty" game on sale for 99 cents. I can't download it since its not compatible with my OG Droid (doesn't even show up in the market) but it looked fun.
Lvl: 206 XP: 159262572, Gold: 1657119, RoLS: 2, ElyR: 1, RoL: 1, ChaR: 2, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 6, SRoV: 1, VSH: 6, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 241, AP: 3, AC: 562%, AD: 116-130, CM: 3.0, ECC: 38%, BC: 139%, DR: 3

QL 25, MF 3

12/26/18
pelligrini

Post by pelligrini »

oskarwiksten wrote:Additionally, if we are talking ordinary RPGs, I would also like to add Wizardry 8 to the bin. To me, the concept of "whatever you do, you level up in it", Wizardry 8 is the master of this. With its early 3d graphics, it goes a really long way of making a really great RPG, with a compelling story. Wizardry 8, for those of you who have not tried it yet, is a great experience in gaining experience :)
Eight!?! I just started Wizardry II - The Knight of Diamonds after finally beating the first one. I don't recall beating the game years ago. It was challenging, and frustrating after ashing a character that you had been building up for a long time. I did cheat on Wizardry I-Proving Grounds of the Mad Overloard, I didn't make my own maps. I did it once when the game first came out though, but I couldn't find my old maps. I know I have them around somewhere though. The first ones don't have much of a storyline, just lots of battles and stuff. :D

Which reminds me, are we going to see any 'Vorpal Bunnies' in Andors Trail?
Lvl: 95, XP: 15472157, Gold: 741302, RoLS: 1, ElyR: 1 , RoL 1, ChaR 4, GoLF 1, ShaF 1, SRoV 2, VSH 1
HP: 136, AC: 278%, AD: 42-46, AP: 3, CS: 76 CM: 5.25, CC:33%, BC: 130%, DR: 1, UPD: 2012/7/18
Gus_Almighty

Post by Gus_Almighty »

I would totally rock out on Legend of Zelda if they had it right now.