store bought rare items, not so rare...

Unstructured ideas, requests and suggestions for the development of the game.
Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Re: store bought rare items, not so rare...

Post by Wyrmspawn »

Sorry. My bad, didn't read thoroughly before posting. :oops:
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP
android_version: 6.0 - Marshmallow

Post by Pyrizzle »

Wyrmspawn wrote:Sorry. My bad, didn't read thoroughly before posting. :oops:
No worries Wyrmspawn! :mrgreen:

There are some interesting ideas here:

Anyone with opinions? Thoughts? Ideas?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player Name:Pyro
Lvl:24XP:244KAP:2/10HP:80AC: 189%AD:13-21CHS:-6CM: 0BC: 20%DR:2
IF:2Reg:2FSDW:1

May Elythara bless you and light your path!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sarumar
VIP
android_version: 4.1 - Jellybean

Post by Sarumar »

+1, nice ideas here. How about if there are only some small chance that merchat have rare item ?
Sarumar
..dansing left foot polka with Hirathil

Lvl 313|XP 559721474|Gold 7965188|AP 3/12|AC 516|AD 161-175|ECC 48|CM 6|BC 311|HP 591|DR 2|RoLS 3|RoL 2|ElyR 2|ChaR 45|GoLF 3|ShaF 9|SRoV 28|VSH 13|GoW 1|WMC 1
Ian
android_version: 4.2

Post by Ian »

+1 nice ideas here!
But would that mean that we only can buy one Villians Ring at one time? Maybe we can make a restocking system. For example, if the item is rare or extraordinary, the shopkeepers should restock it after a big amount of time.
Mapmaker for Andor's Trail
Lvl: 73, XP: 6655552, Gold: 327905, RoLS: -, ElyR: -, RoL: -, ChaR: 1, GoLF: 1, ShaF: 2, SRoV: 1, VSH: 1, WMC: 1, GoW: 1
HP: 58, AC: 260%, AD: 52-62, AP: 3, ECC: -, CM: -, BC: 164%, DR: 1
SuFiC8
android_version: 1.6 - Donut

Post by SuFiC8 »

Ian wrote:+1 nice ideas here!
But would that mean that we only can buy one Villians Ring at one time? Maybe we can make a restocking system. For example, if the item is rare or extraordinary, the shopkeepers should restock it after a big amount of time.
You raise a good point with the rings... I'm in favor of the shop not always having the items available .... you could still obtain 2 rings, but you would have to keep checking in to see if the merchant had the goods...
^SuFiC8^
LvL-100 :evil:
ExP-18,083,212
RoLS-0 GoLF-1
ElyR-1 ShaF-1
RoL-0 SRoV-2
ChaR-3 VSH-0
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

Ian wrote:+1 nice ideas here!
Simple solution:

Have the vendors only have 2 of the villain's rings in stock. After you buy the 2nd one no more would be available to you.
SuFiC8 wrote:You raise a good point with the rings... I'm in favor of the shop not always having the items available .... you could still obtain 2 rings, but you would have to keep checking in to see if the merchant had the goods...
Interesting idea, but once again it would be easy to break the system if you rest and the timer gets reset. (could always make it so resting has no effect on the timer if needed)

Wyrmspawn
android_version: 3.0

Post by Wyrmspawn »

That would be a nightmare... I think that store-brought items should just increase in value or something every time you buy one. OR maybe when it restocks, it's on a %chance that it will appear, and this %chance will be affected by the new skill truseted friend. (See ideas and future development)
Hey guys, I'm back.
Pyrizzle
VIP

Post by Pyrizzle »

I'm not a fan of the idea that there is a chance for an item to be in stock. Too many ways to break the system ( like resting to restock ).

I'd prefure if there was a limit to what rares are in stock that there would only be so many available and once they are all sold there are no more (if they are rare why would a store be able to constantly be able to get more and more ?)

Darkwolf
android_version: 4.0

Post by Darkwolf »

Pyrizzle wrote:I'm not a fan of the idea that there is a chance for an item to be in stock. Too many ways to break the system ( like resting to restock ).

I'd prefure if there was a limit to what rares are in stock that there would only be so many available and once they are all sold there are no more (if they are rare why would a store be able to constantly be able to get more and more ?)
I have to disagree with this. I've always LOATHED random store inventories. They subtract fun from a game for me.

Diminishing and/or (randomly) restocking store inventories are annoying as well.